Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Capone Rising Sunk?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

Capone Rising Sunk? Empty
PostSubject: Capone Rising Sunk?   Capone Rising Sunk? Clockau3Thu 15 Nov - 12:56

Capone Rising Sunk?

Filmstalker.co.uk

November 13, 2007

by Richard Brunton

Could Brian De Palma's The Untouchables: Capone Rising, the sequel to The Untouchables, be in a bit of trouble? Well it certainly looks like it has been struggling to get made for some time now, and the latest word is that it's looking as though it could be taking a back seat for another project.

Now this isn't just idle rumour, this is coming from the Director himself, Brian De Palma.

According to the Movie Geeks United podcast through Jo Blo De Palma said:

“We are still trying to cast this. We’ve had this together with a bunch of different actors over the last couple of years and things keep on falling in and out. I don’t know if it’s going to pull itself together soon enough for me to shoot next year, because I have to shoot it in the wintertime because there’s a Valentine’s Day massacre that’s gotta be done in the cold in February. If we don’t get it together in the next month or so, I’m going to go off and do something else.”

I'm really torn on whether this is good news or not. On the first hand I don't think that you can create a sequel of comparable power as The Untouchables, but then there's the fact that Brian De Palma is helming it, and since he made the first, maybe there's a chance he could do it.

I'm really not sure, but with the problems he's having getting it together, maybe waiting for the right actors is the best thing to do.

http://www.filmstalker.co.uk/archives/2007/11/capone_rising_sunk.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

Capone Rising Sunk?
Page 1 of 1