Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shattered: What's With The Release

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

Shattered: What's With The Release Empty
PostSubject: Shattered: What's With The Release   Shattered: What's With The Release Clockau3Wed 17 Oct - 12:04

Mad About Movies.net

October 16, 2007

Just before the long weekend I posted about a nice looking thriller called Shattered (originally known as Butterfly on a Wheel, starring Gerard Butler, Maria Bello and Pierce Brosnan.

At the time, I didn’t have any information about the release of the film but then one of our commenters mentioned that the film was scheduled to air on TNT over the long weekend.

I was disappointed I wouldn’t get to see it (I don’t get TNT) but mostly, I was confused as to why a movie that actually looked pretty good and starred some pretty big names would go directly to TV before even taking a stab at the box office.

I’d almost forgotten about the whole thing until I picked up my VIFF preview guide (you can get your very own PDF here) over the weekend and while reading up on the various movies, I see Shattered on the list (page 19).

Confusion.

What’s this doing at the festival if it played on TV last weekend? And it did play on TV. It was listed on TNT’s Program Grid and people have been talking about seeing it on TV.

I wish I had a little more information but at the moment, I’m as confused as the next person. One this is for sure, we’re going to get to see this movie one way or another.

Related Articles:

Butler, Bello and Brosnan in Shattered Trailer
Posted on September 7th, 2007 at 11:47 am by Marina in Movie News

One Response to “Shattered: What’s With the Release”
PIslander Says:
September 7th, 2007 at 1:28 pm
Definitely see the film in a theatre, if possible.
The movie would be much better if not seen on the TV’s little screen, cut for commercials.
And with no interuptions of the building suspense and intentional confusion!

This is a psychological mind-twister, causing the viewer to have many different thoughts and “huh!” moments.

The TV version had LOUSY audio as well.

All of the primary roles are carefully developed.
Interestingly, it seems that that fact is more obvious after having time to reflect upon the characters.

Seeing it twice is great - once for the overall story, and the second time to see the development with the vantage of hindsight.

IMO, “Butterfly on a Wheel” (they never should have changed the name for the stateside release because there are at least 2 direct references to the phrase within the storyline), should have had at least a modest release across the country.

I remember, years ago, the movie “Wait Until Dark.”
It was so very suspenseful and worthwhile a film that I was pleased to be able to see it again, on television.

BUT, when I did, the film had little of the big-screen impact due to the TV screen size (the theatre screen, with no interruptions, allowed me to be swept up in Audrey Hepburn’s dilemma), and due to the mind-numbing commercials.

“Shattered” aka “Butterfly on a Wheel”, is very much like “Wait Until Dark”.
It is well developed, well acted, but somewhat dependent upon the viewer’s environment for the biggest impact.

But I will watch the film again, and purchase it.

http://madaboutmovies.net/?p=960
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

Page 1 of 1