Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hilary Swank: The Comeback Chick?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

Hilary Swank: The Comeback Chick? Empty
PostSubject: Hilary Swank: The Comeback Chick?   Hilary Swank: The Comeback Chick? Clockau3Thu 26 Apr - 12:09

E! Online

April 25, 2007

by Caroline Kepnes

What a nasty town. You make one movie that doesn't cause audiences and critics to sob and soil their cheeks with runny mascara and suddenly the world is all huffing at you like you're some 90210 washup.

I'm talking, of course, about Oscar-winning heavyweight Hilary Swank. Anyone who thinks she's gone all Halle Berry in the way of bad choices can shut it. First of all, I will go down swinging that she did just fine in The Reaping. (And hey, she didn't even get to make out with Bruce Willis!) Alas, her comeback—silly as it is to use that phrase—is right around the corner.

P.S., I Love You is testing very, very well. As in, you would have to be a heartless half-wit moron not to enjoy this movie, brought to us by writer-director-really fast and eloquent speaker Richard LaGravenese. Who dat, you say? Well, he penned Freedom Writers in which Hil went where Michelle Pfeiffer and Gloria Estefan have gone before. Um, so you might say that P.S. is his comeback too. Heehee.

Anyway look at the P.S. cast: Hilary, Gerard Butler, Lisa Kudrow, Kathy Bates and Gina Gershon.

"No one has seen Gerry [Butler] or Hilary like this before," spewed Richard. "It's romantic and funny and tragic and loving. He's sexy."

Wait. I get what he's saying about "Gerry" because mainly we've seen him growl with his shirt off all over that 300 movie. But Hilary, well, we've see her box, cross-dress, do the red lipstick seductress thing and plod through a river of blood. Hell, we've even seen her bunk with Tori Spelling!

So, I pushed Richard to elaborate on what exactly we're going to see.

"Well, you know, for me anyway, she's beautiful and funny and sexy and vulnerable, and she plays a wife and a girl, a woman who has to discover who she is without the man that she's loved for all of her adult life, all her young adult life," he says. "So, there are things that she's done in this movie that you've never seen her do before."

And by "things" I hope he means that she stopped working out for like six weeks and totally let her arms and abs go all flabby. You think? Nah. Me neither.

: http://www.eonline.com/movies/reelgirl/detail/index.jsp?uuid=4478e028-697a-4821-908b-36b2ade89d8a
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

Page 1 of 1