Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

300 Is Coming

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

300 Is Coming Empty
PostSubject: 300 Is Coming   300 Is Coming Clockau3Thu 22 Feb - 12:31

300 Is Coming

Forbidden Planet International

February 22, 2007

by Joe

Warner Brothers have a UK website up for the movie adaptation of 300, which is marching towards us like a well-disciplined phalanx of Spartan warriors. Like most of you I’ve been looking at the various trailers that have teased us online, but last weekend when I went to see Hot Fuzz (highly recommended) I saw the 300 trailer on the big screen for the first time and by all the Greek gods I swear it was ten times as powerful as watching it on a computer screen. Classical history has always been a personal interest of mine, so combining it here with comics and movies is ticking a number of boxes for me and I can’t wait to finally see it. Meantime, for those who have had their curiosity peaked about this ancient world that laid down influences clear to the present day I’d recommend “The Spartans” by Cambridge scholar Paul Cartledge (who also advised on the Channel 4 documentary series of the same name) as an excellent introduction. We try to be educational sometimes, you know.

http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/?p=2909
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

300 Is Coming
Page 1 of 1