Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

300′s Berlin Premiere Reported as Amazing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

300′s Berlin Premiere Reported as Amazing Empty
PostSubject: 300′s Berlin Premiere Reported as Amazing   300′s Berlin Premiere Reported as Amazing Clockau3Fri 16 Feb - 12:27

FirstShowing.Net

February 15, 2007

by Alex Billington

There is a bit of an odd thing happening over at the Berlin Film Fest. Zack Snyder's 300, the epic Spartan movie, had its world premiere there. At the world premiere the apparent reaction was incredible, with a report from Warner Brothers publicity stating that, “the screening was interrupted again and again by spontaneous applause and cheers from the 1700 strong audience.” I really want to help support this film with as much buzz as possible, because it really was incredible.

Now, I'm not trying to be a stickler, but Cinematical is reporting that at a press screening the film was booed. Although I don't think Erik is flat out lying, I think that reaction is just a bit ridiculous and not the realistic reaction of the interested movie going audience - so don't be at all swayed.

Stars Gerard Butler and Rodrigo Santoro at the Berlin Film Fest World Premiere.

You've got to think about the situation. It's Europe's second biggest film fest (next to Cannes) and there are probably hundreds of very intellectual independent dramas debuting their. It's like comparing Notes on a Scandal to 300 - it just doesn't work. You can't compare those two because they don't even have the same audiences or the same interest at all. It seems like Erik Davis has an unnecessary grudge against 300. That's why I always prefer to go to general audience screenings at Sundance, because the press are always stuck up in their opinion.

The bottom line is that 300 had an amazing world premiere in Berlin. It was completely sold out and full of cheers and a standing ovation. Zack Snyder, the director, even commented stating, “it was awesome to be at the Berlin Film Festival World Premiere and experience the amazing reaction.” So that's it, believe what you will - the stingy European press who don't have an appreciation for action-filled comic book adaptations, or the real audiences who were interested in it and gave it a standing ovation.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/02/15/300s-berlin-premiere-reported-as-amazing/
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

Page 1 of 1