Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

300 CONQUERS BERLIN

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

300 CONQUERS BERLIN Empty
PostSubject: 300 CONQUERS BERLIN   300 CONQUERS BERLIN Clockau3Fri 16 Feb - 12:25

300 CONQUERS BERLIN

CHUD.com

February 15, 2007

by Devin Faraci

I’ve been eagerly awaiting Zack Snyder’s take on Frank Miller’s 300 ever since I visited the set in December of 2005 and saw the concept video that he used to sell himself to Warner Bros. I had doubts that this would be as special as everyone was claiming, but that video - which was done fairly cheaply - blew me away. The footage I have seen since has been utterly fucking fantastic, and I curse the events that led me to miss the Los Angeles junket, where I would have seen the movie. People I know who attended came back raving, and Rotten Tomatoes is filling up with positive reviews – including fresh ones from Variety and Hollywood Reporter, not exactly the kinds of places that are going to be overly kind to geek properties.

Now the film has played the Berlin Film Festival, where it received a thunderous standing ovation from the sold out audience of 1700. Your European film festival crowd ain’t the easiest to win over, so I’m excited that Snyder’s visceral vision did just that.

I finally see 300 next week, and I’ll report back to you my own thoughts. I’m not expecting a life changing work of poetic beauty like The Fountain, but I am hoping for a rousing visual experience that’s unlike anything I’ve ever seen before – and looking at the reviews pouring in, it looks like I’ll get it.

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=8898
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

300 CONQUERS BERLIN
Page 1 of 1