Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jodie Foster shoots film in Oz

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

Jodie Foster shoots film in Oz Empty
PostSubject: Jodie Foster shoots film in Oz   Jodie Foster shoots film in Oz Clockau3Mon 3 Sep - 12:14

The Daily Telegraph(News.com.au)

By Erin McWhirter

September 03, 2007 12:00am

DUAL Academy Award winner Jodie Foster may have slipped in and out of Australia undetected, but the Hollywood megastar warns she'll be back.

Foster has spent the past month on Queensland's Gold Coast filming the adaptation of children's novel, Nim's Island.

The film marks Foster's first movie-making venture in Australia, a special accomplishment for the actress, who has successfully worked in showbiz for more than four decades.

"I love Sydney, it's actually one of my favourite cities in the world," Foster, 44, said.

"I am loving being up here (Gold Coast) too. I have had this place on the beach and it's like a dream come true. I have never had a beach house and it's so beautiful. Everyday with the surfers and guys fishing; it's just like a dream.

"It's so similar to California that there is no homesickness. I feel I could stay here forever as long as my family were here."

Nim's Island, a fantasy comedy about a young girl (Abigail Breslin) who inhabits an isolated island with her scientist father (Gerard Butler) and begins communicating with reclusive author (Foster), was a perfect fit.

"I was dying to do something lighter and I was excited about a movie my kids could see."

Nim's Island will be released in 2008.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22349555-5006009,00.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

Page 1 of 1