Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

In Sight: STAR CHOICES

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

In Sight: STAR CHOICES Empty
PostSubject: In Sight: STAR CHOICES   In Sight: STAR CHOICES Clockau3Fri 22 Jun - 11:56

Asahi.com (Japan)

06/22/2007

By Ronda Cornelius, Staff Writer

Would he or wouldn't he? Would King Leonidas aka Gerard Butler, star of the hyperstylized Spartans-vs.-Persians battle pic "300," bare his phenomenal six-pack or not? Asked repeatedly about his body during the "300" press conference held in Tokyo earlier this month, Butler seemed poised to unbutton his shirt.

But, coyly, he didn't.

He's apparently gotten self-conscious about the he-man physique he hammered out with trainers, bodybuilders and stuntmen during hours of grueling workouts for the film based on Frank Miller's graphic novel.

"I now have a lot more anxiety about taking my clothes off because people expect me to still have a great body," Butler joked, adding that his movie musculature was the buffest he'd ever been. "It's kind of cool to think that a lot of people are looking at your body and going 'wow' because I spent a lot of my life with people looking at my body and going 'eww.'"

Miller also attended the press conference with director Zack Snyder, Snyder's wife and "300" producer, Deborah, and two other producers. Miller said he initially went to the battlegrounds of Thermopylae in Greece and walked around for hours for inspiration. But he decided to forgo realism and crank up something more hellish, he said.

"I didn't want my book to look anything like reality," he said. He wanted to create "how it felt" instead because that would carry more "epic punch."

For punch lines, though, Butler was the man of the hour in Tokyo.

"Could I be a Spartan? I would love to say 'yes,'" he mused. "No, actually, I'd probably go and live in Lesbos." Still, he said he found much to admire about the simple and meritorious life of the Spartans: "There's a lot to be said for fighting and earning your happiness or your way in life."

--By Ronda Cornelius, Staff Writer

http://www.asahi.com/english/Herald-asahi/TKY200706220057.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

Page 1 of 1