Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Script Review: Nim's Island

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

Script Review: Nim's Island Empty
PostSubject: Script Review: Nim's Island   Script Review: Nim's Island Clockau3Sun 20 May - 12:13

See Kyle Draw.com

May 18, 2007

by Kyle

Not sure how often you read Variey, but it was recently announced that Gerard Butler will join Abigail Breslin and Jodie Foster in the feature film adaptation of Nim's Island. It is based on a book by Wendy Orr and has been described as such:

Quote:
A young girl inhabits an isolated island with her scientist father and communicates with a reclusive author of the novel she's reading.

I would describe it as this: What if Charlie Kaufman had written The Swiss Family Robinson in 2002?

Strangely enough, a week ago a friend of the blog was reading the very script on our living room couch due to a little heatwave making her apartment unbearable. The name "Nim's Island" kind of sticks in your head, so I asked if I could borrow the (very tight) 112 pages.

Sometimes it can be strange reading a script with people already attached (I read the Studio 60 pilot cast-free and it was much better that way), but sometimes having those few names in your brain can make the reading experience so very vivid. I cannot wait to see Jodi Foster in this role, and I can totally see why she chose it to be one of her few-and-far-between projects. Not only will it be something for her kids to enjoy, it'll also be a rare great comedic role for her.

The movie is being produced by Walden Entertainment (they of the Narnia films), so I'm a tad skeptical the script will become all that it can, but I have to have hope. I have to believe great family adventures that deliver to kids and parents don't solely exist in the Pixar offices.

All what-ifs aside, it was a fun read on a quiet friday night curled up on the couch with the puppy.

http://www.seekyledraw.com/200705/script_review_nims_island.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

Page 1 of 1