Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gerard Butler Locked In For A Futuristic Thriller

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

Gerard Butler Locked In For A Futuristic Thriller Empty
PostSubject: Gerard Butler Locked In For A Futuristic Thriller   Gerard Butler Locked In For A Futuristic Thriller Clockau3Thu 17 May - 12:25

Ain't It Cool.com

May 16, 2007

by Quint

No, not ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK: The Remake, another one!!!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here.

Another bit of news has come out of Cannes, besides the breaking news that I wish I was there of course, this time concerning Gerard Butler joining a futuristic thriller called GAME. The flick is the brainchild of Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor (CRANK) and is being produced by Lakeshore.

This sounds a little fucked up. It's kind of based in the world of video games. Where do we go from here? Well, it seems that it's not enough to manipulate and control fictional creations on a TV screen, so this future has people controlling other human beings through nano-devices. Butler plays Kable, a world-wide sensation and top ranked warrior in a game called SLAYERS. He tries to regain his humanity and topple the system, all while being watched by millions of viewers.

I don't know... these CRANK guys seem to be single-handedly returning action cinema to a kind of '80s fun we haven't seen in a while. This sounds like a new RUNNING MAN to me. Gerard Butler sounds perfect for this role. I just hope he doesn't start getting pigeon-holed in this kind of role. But whatever. He's good at it. Why not? Thoughts?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32692
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

Page 1 of 1