Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Snyder: Butler In Line For Watchmen

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

Snyder: Butler In Line For Watchmen Empty
PostSubject: Snyder: Butler In Line For Watchmen   Snyder: Butler In Line For Watchmen Clockau3Sun 4 Mar - 12:26

Sci Fi Wire.com

March 4, 2007

by Patrick Lee, News Editor

Zack Snyder, who is developing a film version of Alan Moore's seminal Watchmen graphic novel, told SCI FI Wire that he is thinking of enlisting Gerard Butler, the star of Snyder's upcoming graphic-novel-inspired 300, for a role. "He may" play a part, Snyder said in an interview at WonderCon in San Francisco on March 3. Which one? "I don't know yet, but he's fun, so I'm sure we can figure something out for him."

For his part, Butler said in a separate interview that he hasn't spoken with Snyder about Watchmen, but would eagerly sign on to work with the director again after his experience shooting 300.

Meanwhile, Snyder said that he doubts that Tom Cruise will sign on to the film, though he confirms having approached the controversial star for a role. Snyder's approaching Cruise for the key role of Ozymandias was first reported on C.H.U.D.

"I don't think Tom's going to do it," Snyder said. "I think he's busy and for whatever other reason. He does like the idea. He did like the concept. But, ... you know, we talked about it a lot. But I think in the end he's not going to do it. But [he's] still cool."

Written from 1986 to '87, Watchmen is set in 1985 in an alternate-history United States in which superheroes, called "costumed adventurers," exist, the Cold War is threatening to turn into a nuclear conflagration, Nixon is president, and the heroes have been outlawed. When one of their number is mysteriously murdered, the others spring into action. The Hugo-Award-winning graphic novel, by Moore and illustrator Dave Gibbons, is considered a landmark in comics and a heavy influence on films, books and comics since.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=40371
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

Page 1 of 1