Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spartans Rule!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

Spartans Rule! Empty
PostSubject: Spartans Rule!   Spartans Rule! Clockau3Tue 27 Feb - 14:41

Spartans Rule!

Live Journal

February 27, 2007

by Adrienne j

What's a good way to help banish your February blahs for an evening? Why, attending a viewing of finely wroght, beautifully rendered mayhem of course! Prepare to be jealous everyone as yes, last night Graig and I saw 300 and boy oh boy was it great!

The movie is just drop-dead gorgeous. And believe it or not, the fact that it is cast mainly by really fit, nearly naked men is not the reason I say this. No, I say this because the cinematography, the art direction, the score... ok, yes, the increadibly fit, nearly naked men, all contribute to this. The colour pallet they use is just phenonmenal, everything seems to be burnished and muted except for well placed uses of splashes of red.

I really liked the fact that I didn't really recognize anyone in the film either (well, except for Faramir, except while I knew I knew him from somewhere, I couldn't place him and so had to IMDB him when we got home) because this made the film even better; no actor's egos to deal with; no actors' 'baggage', just losing yourself to the characters. And its not that there's really any deep character arcs going on here, everyone is painted with fairly broad brushstrokes, but that also doesn't mean that there isn't some great characterization. I thought Gerard Butler's Leonides was perfect.

Honestly, there's just so much I could go on and on about this movie, but I won't 'cause I know that no one else is going to see it for nearly another two weeks. ;P

I loved it. I want to see it again. So very, very pretty...

http://adrienne-j.livejournal.com/95242.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

Spartans Rule!
Page 1 of 1