Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

300 & the Art of Loyalty

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

300 & the Art of Loyalty Empty
PostSubject: 300 & the Art of Loyalty   300 & the Art of Loyalty Clockau3Mon 26 Feb - 13:14

300 & the Art of Loyalty

Lennie's Big Red Apple Media Blog

February 25, 2007

by Lennie

Director Zach Snyder is about to unleash an amazing looking film call 300.

About 14 years ago when I was just starting my career as an AD, I had the good fortune to be Zach Snyder’s 2nd AD. Danny Weisberg (who is now an award winning commercial director himself) was the 1st AD tht I worked with. When Danny left the AD world to start directing commercials, my hope was to move up as Zach’s 1st AD. This is where the loyalty part comes in.

Zach’s best friend Kurt Johnstad became Zach’s 1st AD. He had been working as Zach dolly grip on every comercial that Zach did. And when the spot became available, he moved Kurt into it. Sure, I wanted that spot, but he gave it tto his trusted friend, who learned on the job and collaborated well with Zach. Now Kurt is the co-writer of Zach’s new movie "300". To me, that is cool!

Now this story of loyalty doesn’t stop here. Zach’s 2nd unit director on both his features Dawn of the Dead (2004), and 300 is a director named Clay Staub. Clay and Zach were both directors at a (no longer in existence) production company here in Los Angeles called The End. They have stayed fiends and Zach still works with him.

Round 3: The Cinematographer on 300 is Larry Fong. I first met Larrry while working with Zach almost 15 years ago. Great DP. He has been one of the cinematographers on Lost and is now back with Zach.

So loyalty does still exist. It’s a great commodity. If you can find it, do everything you can to hold on to it.

http://lennieappelquist.com/blog/?p=31
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

300 & the Art of Loyalty
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gerard Butler Movie Madness :: Right Out of the Oven :: Movie Talk :: 300-
Jump to: