Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Complete Frank Miller Movie Adaption Round Up

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

Complete Frank Miller Movie Adaption Round Up Empty
PostSubject: Complete Frank Miller Movie Adaption Round Up   Complete Frank Miller Movie Adaption Round Up Clockau3Tue 20 Feb - 12:20

First Showing.net

February 19, 2007

by Alex Billington

The legendary comic book writer Frank Miller has got a lot going on in Hollywood at the moment. In addition to the feature film based on his Spartan epic graphic novel 300 opening in just a few weeks, he's previously had the immensely successful Sin City and a possible Sin City 2 in the works, and most recently announced is an adaptation of his graphic novel Ronin. Beyond being one of the most successful comic book writers, he's become a well known celebrity in Hollywood as well.

FS.net now presents the current complete Frank Miller movie adaptation round up with the latest details on all of his graphic novels currently in production and coming soon. It will be updated with any news and announcements as they arrive. Please bookmark the page to keep track of updates.

300The comic loosely depicts the Battle of Thermopylae at the Hot Gates and the events leading up to it from the perspective of King Leonidas of Sparta. The graphic novel was published by Dark Horse Comics in 1999 and is available for purchase on Amazon.com for $17.99.

FS.net screened 300 last weekend in Los Angeles and I will say that I was blown away. I was so amazed and in awe I had to go see the movie twice. Not only was everything that director Zack Snyder put into it incredible, but all of the actors: Gerard Butler, David Wenham, Dominic West, Lena Headey, and Rodrigo Santoro gave amazing performances.

» Although Frank Miller himself wasn't at the press events for 300, he did provide a written response regarding his absence and praised Zack Snyder's work:

“I can't wait to join the party that is 300. I've seen every inch of it. It's amazing. You've never seen anything like it.”

To support Zack Snyder (and to help him with his Watchmen adaptation), go out and see 300! And to support the comic book genre and show Hollywood how much audiences do enjoy stylistic and outstanding comic book adaptations - go see it on March 9th!
300 Sequel

We reported that we overheard a conversation at a screening of 300 in Los Angeles that Frank Miller is interested in writing a sequel to 300. Unfortunately Frank had broken his hip and was not in attendance at the press events for 300, so no confirmation could be obtained.

» However, 300 producer Mark Canton did provide this response when questioned about the possibility of a sequel:

“If it all works out I'm sure we'll all be scrambling Zack Snyder and Frank Miller and everyone to figure out exactly ‘301′. Where there's a will there's a way, honestly. And the thing about Frank, you just don't know - he has a lot of stories he may want to tell that may be associated or not, but we just want this one to satisfy first.”

A sequel will likely be announced upon the success of its opening weekend on March 9th. Stay tuned here on FS.net for details as they're announced coming up to that opening weekend.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/02/19/complete-frank-miller-movie-adaptation-round-up/
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

Page 1 of 1