Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2007 Films I'm Most Looking Forward To

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

2007 Films I'm Most Looking Forward To Empty
PostSubject: 2007 Films I'm Most Looking Forward To   2007 Films I'm Most Looking Forward To Clockau3Mon 12 Feb - 13:14

Film Tops

February 11, 2007

by Kemi

Looking ahead it seems like 2007 will be another ho-hum year for film with the occasional, possibly refreshing film worthy of anticipation. I remember waiting almost a year and half for Brokeback Mountain to come out when I first learned of the film at imdb.com a couple of years back. Just after watching X-Men back in 2000, I remember already looking forward to seeing the next installment. I love anticipating the release of a film. It’s exciting to look forward to a cinematic event. But it’s just as disheartening when the anticipation proves unfruitful. Yet, it’s a risk even watching a film you haven’t had much time to anticipate. Anyway, there seems to be a few films I can reasonably look forward to seeing this year. Some I’ve known of for a while and others I’ve just learned about.

In no particular order, here are a few films I look forward to watching this year (2007):

Who? Directed by Zach Snyder with a cast of lesser knowns.
What? “Based on the epic graphic novel by Frank Miller, 300 is a ferocious retelling of the ancient Battle of Thermopylae in which King Leonidas (Gerard Butler) and 300 Spartans fought to the death against Xerxes and his massive Persian army. Facing insurmountable odds, their valor and sacrifice inspire all of Greece to unite against their Persian enemy, drawing a line in the sand for democracy. The film brings Miller’s (Sin City) acclaimed graphic novel to life by combining live action with virtual backgrounds that capture his distinct vision of this ancient historic tale.” –from 300themovie.warnerbros.com
When? March 9
Where? USA
Why? If you’ve seen Sin City (another Frank Miller graphic novel brought to the big screen) you can’t help but be curious. Though Snyder has not written or directed anything memorable, this might be the film that puts him on the film map ala Michael Gondry with Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind or Lynne Ramsay with Morvern Callar. Also, the visuals look stunning. The film looks like it might be Rome (HBO) calibur. If you’ve seen Rome, you know what I mean. If you haven’t, what the bloody hell are you waiting for? The 300 trailer is a must see.

http://kemio.net/filmtops/16-2007-films-im-most-looking-forward-to/
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

Page 1 of 1