Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

300 Empty
PostSubject: 300   300 Clockau3Sun 4 Feb - 12:20

Maki Papadopolous Blog

February 3, 2007

by Maki Papadopolous

My friend Niko sent me an e-mail last night with the subject "300". Initially, I thought he was quoting me on a little usability tweak that I asked him for Community-online.com! When I opened the e-mail, however, I realized that it was a link to a movie trailer (judging from the URL path)...

I clicked on the link with curiosity. Coming from Niko, it probably had something to do with Greece. Indeed! Within seconds after watching the trailer I got flashbacks of history classes back in Greece. I also got major shivers! Leonidas and the "300"... One of the most heroic battles in Greek history which occured 2,500 years ago...

Film Synopsis (from the official Web site):

Based on the epic graphic novel by Frank Miller, “300” is a ferocious retelling of the ancient Battle of Thermopylae in which King Leonidas (Gerard Butler) and 300 Spartans fought to the death against Xerxes and his massive Persian army. Facing insurmountable odds, their valor and sacrifice inspire all of Greeks to unite against their Persian enemy, drawing a line in the sand for democracy.

The film brings Miller’s (Sin City) acclaimed graphic novel to life by combining live action with virtual backgrounds that capture his distinct vision of this ancient historic tale.

Let's see if I can put something together for Community-online.com and its partners and give away - oh, let's say - 300 tickets for the movie which opens March 9th (contest would be open to Canadian residents only). Stay tuned!

"300" Official Web Site

Posted in (4) General at 08:00 on Saturday 03 February by Maki
Comments

http://maki.papadopoulos.net/blog/
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gerard Butler Movie Madness :: Right Out of the Oven :: Movie Talk :: 300-
Jump to: