Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Saffy and Meghan give us more female perspectives on the fli

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

Saffy and Meghan give us more female perspectives on the fli Empty
PostSubject: Saffy and Meghan give us more female perspectives on the fli   Saffy and Meghan give us more female perspectives on the fli Clockau3Wed 13 Dec - 13:11

Saffy and Meghan give us more female perspectives on the flicks of BNAT

Ain't It Cool News.com

December 13,2006

by Quint,Saffy and Meghan

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with a pair of female views on this past weekend's BNAT! Up first we have Saffy, a devoted attendee of many years. The only thing I'd have to add is a note to Saffy about Paul Verhoeven... Check out his early work, pre-ROBOCOP. You might find that he's had a movie like BLACK BOOK in him from the beginning. Enjoy Saffy's rundown and I'll be back to introduce Meghan!
Things I learned a BNAT Episode 8-The Return of the Ball Stomp

Whew! Sorry this review is so late. We came home to a broken pipe, a foot of water on our floor, and a broken keyboard. That said, - I WILL NOT BE MOVED-, so here I am to write a review of this most wondrous event!

Oh chirpy...words cannot describe that magic of BNAT. I can tell you for hours about the movies, but the people make the festival special! But I will try like hell anyway.

300 - I AM NOT WORTHY!

This movie, for my synesthetic brain is like nothing I have ever seen. Part hallucination, part sexual desire, total body experience. Zack Snyder has created a visual world that defines the word sensual. The metallic tones of the film give it a sense of antiquity. The bronzes, the silver, the gold, are breathtaking and convey varying heat sensations. You can almost taste the shimmer of the wheat fields, the iron of blood, the cold of the night. Ok I can actually taste it, but I have synaesthesia, you can read more about it on Wikipedia...but I won-t get into all that as if you see the movie you will understand it perfectly. The fight scenes were majestic. It was like they crossed Circ Du Soleil with a nut-sack. I really, truly, loved this movie. I understand why Harry showed all of the boobs, because this movie was also chock full of amazing male bodies. HOLY MOTHER OF MERCY Gerard Butler.

I would also like to thank the people of BNAT for making this so special. I am so sorry I had to miss Pan-s Labyrinth and Children of Men. However, a weekend of people who -get it-, guitar hero, and playing - Who-s Harvey Dent!- rocks so hard. Harry, man, my heart is still full from these films and I thank you so much for giving me the ROCKY experience. Your fiancée is wonderful; you two will have such a great life!

CHESS KING RULES!!

Thank you again! You guys rock
Saffy

Thanks, Saffy! Now on to Meghan's stuff! Enjoy!
I'm sitting here, finally off the plane and at home. If I concentrate I can still feel my hands just slightly tingling from massive amounts of clapping, as well as my stomach finally settling down and forgiving me for massive amounts of caffeine. Let me what I can remember (I took notes throughout, but my handwriting, never that stellar to begin with, deteriorated pretty fast.) This was my first BNAT...

300 (Zack Snyder, 2007)

I've never seen such gorgeous and choreographed violence, and I do mean that as a compliment. A true dance of death, with continually escalating set pieces of savage beauty. A perfect ending to a crazy night

And just on a purely shallow note: I'd like to think that in some way, this one was for all us ladies. We had seen many a boob that night, and don't get me wrong, they were lovely boobs -- but a whole screen full of tanned and glistening men --- was a lovely sight indeed.

Now back to sleep, before my eyes leak out of my skull.

--Meghan
meghan@murphypop.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30954
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

Saffy and Meghan give us more female perspectives on the fli
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gerard Butler Movie Madness :: Right Out of the Oven :: Movie Talk :: 300-
Jump to: