Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Frank Miller takes no prisoners

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

Frank Miller takes no prisoners Empty
PostSubject: Frank Miller takes no prisoners   Frank Miller takes no prisoners Clockau3Fri 6 Oct - 12:28

Perry de Havilland (London) Arts & Entertainment
Samizdata.net (blog)
October 05, 2006

I am so tired of having to roar about the latest provocation-of-the-day from some Islamic barking moonbat that I really need to write about something else... so how about a paean to one of my favourite artists?

As a big, no, huge Frank Miller fan, delighting in the way he has darkened up an entire art form, rescuing it from both Disneyfication and political correctness, it is interesting to see how his influence has started to spread into other areas of the arts. However I was apprehensive that when I heard that Sin City was going to be turned into a movie... "unfilmable" was all I said when I heard. I was completely wrong and Sin City was a tour de force, unlike the attempt to translate Miller's Elektra onto the screen, which was a disappointing mess inspite of featuring one of my favourite actresses.

So with the debacle of Elektra in mind, my reaction was rather dubious when I heard they were going to make 300 into a movie... oh me of little faith... having just watched the trailer, well, I am not used to having a film clip lasting 1 minute and 46 seconds sent a shiver up my spine quite like that. This is clearly one to watch on the largest screen possible.

Frank Miller has been one of the leading people adding a harder edge to US comics since the 1980's, reclaiming a place in a medium in which I have always felt France and Japan lead the world. That he is now proving a source of interesting movies for Hollywood just increases my admiration for the man

http://www.samizdata.net/blog/archives/2006/10/frank_miller_ta.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

Page 1 of 1