Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Comic to Screen Comparison for Movie Adaptation ...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

Comic to Screen Comparison for Movie Adaptation ... Empty
PostSubject: Comic to Screen Comparison for Movie Adaptation ...   Comic to Screen Comparison for Movie Adaptation ... Clockau3Mon 7 Aug - 12:22

Comic to Screen Comparison for Movie Adaptation of Frank Miller’s 300

Posted by Sean on July 28th, 2006
FilmJunk

I hadn’t really been paying much attention to the upcoming adaptation of Frank Miller’s graphic novel 300 until now, but when some new images from the movie started to make their way online this week in the wake of the San Diego Comic Con, I was really blown away by how great they looked. Director Zack Snyder (Dawn of the Dead remake) seems to be taking a similar approach to what Robert Rodriguez did with Sin City; he is aiming to recreate specific panels from the comic using a green screen and digital compositing.

Maybe I’m just a sucker for interesting visual effects but I love the way they were able to maintain the art style including the colour pallette and shadows. If you head over to the official 300 website now they have a concept art section with some examples of comic panels compared to the finished frame in the movie. Very cool stuff, I’m hoping to see a trailer real soon. The graphic novel, for those who don’t know, is a little different from Sin City. It’s actually based on real history, specificially the “ancient Battle of Thermopylae in which King Leonidas and 300 Spartans fought to the death against Xerxes and his massive Persian army”. A release date still hasn’t been nailed down, but 300 will likely be out sometime in early 2007.

» Related Link: 300 Official Site Concept Art
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

Comic to Screen Comparison for Movie Adaptation ...
Page 1 of 1