Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

makeover

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
silvan
gbmoviemadness member

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2006-03-04

makeover Empty
PostSubject: makeover   makeover Clockau3Sat 15 Jul - 22:14

hey guys! got the email and decided to mosey over to check out the updates. I can't reply in announcments, so I'll just reply here then Razz

I like the solid background a lot more than that brown patterned thing before Smile, but can I make suggestions for the improvment of the overal site?

Firstly, that font you chose for all the main buttons are slightly disrtacting. The one thing I've learned in my brief class of web design is to keep it simple, fonts especially. Secondly, for the main pages, I suggest to use CSS codes to create the layout as opposed to tables that I think you've used. This gives more room for adjustment to cater to the various people viewing the page. In other words, the page will fit to the screen and not the other way around (because right now it's a tad too big for my window Razz). It's a little more to learn, and I admit I don't really know any, but it's good to learn for more advanced webdesign. Lastly, a few of the headers are hard to read, but that's only a matter of colours or changing the image.

And just some pet peaves of mine that could help Razz. personally i dislike large fonts. anything larger than 12 pt seems a bit tacky (IMO) and my second pet peeve is with images. I don't like overly rastered images (I think it's the jagged edges Razz ) and unproportioned images (squished images) (click shift while shrinking, or just crop it is what i do ^_^)

sorry for the long post. Just adding my two cents to hopefully make this a great site! If I can help at all, just gimmie a hollar. tongue Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://silverwing24.deviantart.com
Freyja
Organizer
Freyja

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2006-01-06

makeover Empty
PostSubject: Re: makeover   makeover Clockau3Mon 17 Jul - 13:03

Hi Silvan!!!
Thanks so much for all your input! As you see, we're still learning about web design as we go along so all the feedback you can give us really helps us improve....
We'll work on the points you mentionned and see what we can do to make the site better.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com
Natalie
gbmoviemadness member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2006-04-30

makeover Empty
PostSubject: Re: makeover   makeover Clockau3Thu 20 Jul - 0:01

Hi ya Smile Also received your email ~ Thank you. I really like the new changes on the whole. I love the Maple Leaf theme for our Canadian site ... except I feel it's a little distracting in places where they overlap with words. In some places it's hard to read the print ... maybe have bigger spaces here and there between the leaves where words can fit in. Otherwise, looks great to me.

Thanks again for your efforts!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

makeover Empty
PostSubject: Re: makeover   makeover Clockau3

Back to top Go down

makeover
Page 1 of 1