Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Final Details - Updated May15th

Go down 
+2
greatgadsby
Freyja
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Freyja
Organizer
Freyja

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2006-01-06

Final Details - Updated May15th Empty
PostSubject: Final Details - Updated May15th   Final Details - Updated May15th Clockau3Mon 15 May - 0:56

Here are the final details:

LAST MINUTE ADDITIONS ARE MOST WELCOME. THERE IS STILL ROOM AVAILABLE SO FEEL FREE TO BRING ALONG FRIENDS AND FAMILY. THE COST IS THE SAME, 20 $ CANDIAN PER PERSON FOR ALL 3 MOVIES.

There will be a slight change in venue, but don`t worry, it`s just a different room and only across the street..

George Williams Campus
1400 Maisonneuve West
Room: LB-125 ( J.A. de Sève Cinema )

No food or beverages are allowed inside the room itself.

Time :
11h00 Am
Doors open at 10h30

Line up:

11h00 am The Game of their Lives

01h00 pm Lunch ( there are many different little restaurents in the area )

02h30 pm Surprise Movie

05h30 pm Break

05h45 pm Timeline

07h45 pm The End

Get-Together Supper Afterwards:

A reservation has been made in the name of “gbmoviemadness” at 8h30 pm.
1449 Crescent / corner of Maisonneuve W

The restaurent is at a walking distance from the venue and everyone should be able to find something they like on the menu. Prices are variable, from reasonnable to a bit higher.
For more informations about the restaurent: www.thursdaysbar.com

Driving Directions:

From Toronto

1- HWY-401 East
2- HWY-401 EXPRESS E becomes PROVINCIAL ROUTE 401 E.
3- PROVINCIAL ROUTE 401 E becomes AUTOROUTE 20 E
4- AUTOROUTE 20 E becomes AUTOROUTE VILLE-MARIE
5- AUTOROUTE VILLE-MARIE becomes AUTOROUTE 720 E.
6- Take EXIT 3 toward MONTRÉAL / CENTRE-VILLE / RUE GUY.
7- Turn RIGHT onto BOULEVARD RENÉ-LÉVESQUE O.
8- Turn LEFT onto RUE BISHOP
9- Turn LEFT onto BOULEVARD DE MAISONNEUVE O.
10- End at 1400 Boulevard De Maisonneuve O
Montréal, QC H3G, CA

From Ottawa

1- TRANS CANADA HWY E / PROVINCIAL ROUTE 417 E.
2- TRANS CANADA HWY E / PROVINCIAL ROUTE 417 E becomes AUTOROUTE 40 E / AUTOROUTE TRANSCANADIENNE E.
3- Take the AUT-15 S / AUT-10 / AUT. DÉCARIE exit- EXIT 66-S- on the LEFT toward SHERBROOKE / PONT CHAMPLAIN.
4- Merge onto AUTOROUTE 15 S.
5- Take the AUT. VILLE-MARIE exit- EXIT 63-E- on the LEFT toward CENTRE-VILLE.
6- Merge onto AUTOROUTE VILLE-MARIE
7- AUTOROUTE VILLE-MARIE becomes AUTOROUTE 720 E.
8- Take EXIT 3 toward MONTRÉAL / CENTRE-VILLE / RUE GUY
9- Turn RIGHT onto BOULEVARD RENÉ-LÉVESQUE O.
10- Turn LEFT onto RUE BISHOP
11- Turn LEFT onto BOULEVARD DE MAISONNEUVE O.
12- End at 1400 Boulevard De Maisonneuve O
Montréal, QC H3G, CA

From Granby
1- HWY 10 W
2- Take the AUT-10 O / HWY-10 W exit- EXIT 58- toward MONTRÉAL / CENTRE-VILLE / DOWNTOWN.
3- AUTOROUTE 10 O becomes RUE UNIVERSITY.
4- Turn LEFT onto BOULEVARD RENÉ-LÉVESQUE O.
5- Turn RIGHT onto RUE BISHOP.
6- Turn LEFT onto BOULEVARD DE MAISONNEUVE O.
7- End at 1400 Boulevard De Maisonneuve O
Montréal, QC H3G, CA

From New York ( I-87)

1- I-87 N becomes AUTOROUTE 15 N.
2- Take EXIT 53 toward AUT-15 N / AUT-20 O / AUT-10 / PONT CHAMPLAIN / MONTRÉAL / SHERBROOKE / QUÉBEC.
3- Stay STRAIGHT to go onto BOULEVARD MARIE-VICTORIN
4- Take the AUT-10 O / AUT-15 N / AUT-20 O ramp toward PONT CHAMPLAIN / MONTRÉAL.
5- Merge onto AUTOROUTE 15 N / AUTOROUTE 20 O / AUTOROUTE 10 O.
6- Take the AUT-10 O / HWY-10 W exit- EXIT 58- toward MONTRÉAL / CENTRE-VILLE / DOWNTOWN.
7- Merge onto AUTOROUTE 10 O.
8- AUTOROUTE 10 O becomes RUE UNIVERSITY
9- Turn LEFT onto BOULEVARD RENÉ-LÉVESQUE O.
10- Turn RIGHT onto RUE BISHOP
11- Turn LEFT onto BOULEVARD DE MAISONNEUVE O
Montréal, QC H3G, CA

From Vermont (I-89 )

1- I-89 N
2- I-89 N becomes PROVINCIAL SECONDARY ROUTE 133 N.
3- PROVINCIAL SECONDARY ROUTE 133 N becomes AUTOROUTE 35 N.
4- Take the AUT-10 O exit- EXIT 18-O- toward MONTRÉAL
5- Merge onto AUTOROUTE 10 O.
6- Take the AUT-10 O / HWY-10 W exit- EXIT 58- toward MONTRÉAL / CENTRE-VILLE / DOWNTOWN.
7- Merge onto AUTOROUTE 10 O.
8- AUTOROUTE 10 O becomes RUE UNIVERSITY
9- Turn LEFT onto BOULEVARD RENÉ-LÉVESQUE O.
10- Turn RIGHT onto RUE BISHOP.
11- Turn LEFT onto BOULEVARD DE MAISONNEUVE O.
Montréal, QC H3G, CA

If you would like some visual directions, you can look on www.mapquest.com ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com
greatgadsby
gbmoviemadness member
greatgadsby

Number of posts : 8
Location : Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Home of the Great TIFF (Gerry Loves Toronto)
Registration date : 2006-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Final Details - Updated May15th   Final Details - Updated May15th Clockau3Mon 15 May - 14:02

Hi - which menu are we supposed to be looking at?

Thanks

Linda
Back to top Go down
Braya
Organizer
Braya

Number of posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: Final Details - Updated May15th   Final Details - Updated May15th Clockau3Mon 15 May - 15:58

The regular one, not the group or bar one. Smile
Braya
Back to top Go down
greatgadsby
gbmoviemadness member
greatgadsby

Location : Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Home of the Great TIFF (Gerry Loves Toronto)

PostSubject: Re: Final Details - Updated May15th   Final Details - Updated May15th Clockau3Mon 15 May - 17:55

Hi again - I have another question about the Saturday schedule. It looks like the Surprise Movie is 3 hours long, is that correct, runs between 2:30 and 5:30? Can't imaging what that could be.

Linda
Back to top Go down
Braya
Organizer
Braya

PostSubject: Re: Final Details - Updated May15th   Final Details - Updated May15th Clockau3Mon 15 May - 18:17

You never know... Anything can possibly fit there... We may have that slot to trough you all off the mark... We may have additionnal things planned along with the secret feature... you never know!! Smile
Back to top Go down
dawnzd
gbmoviemadness member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2006-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Final Details - Updated May15th   Final Details - Updated May15th Clockau3Mon 15 May - 19:17

Two things:

Are you going to be doing a charify raffle at some point? I seem to recall that you ladies were on the receiving end of a very generous Equinoxe Films - are we raffling for Clic Sargent,etc?

I checked the Thursdays dinner menu and it looks as if I might need to eat elsewhere. I think I neglected to mention that I'm vegan and this menu is almost exclusively body parts Sad affraid Actually I think they may have a salad but that's it. Please don't take offense - I would love to socialize with everyone but I don't think I'll be able to. There must be something in the surrounding area that accomodates vegans, right?

See you all Friday - and Saturday!
Back to top Go down
greatgadsby
gbmoviemadness member
greatgadsby

PostSubject: Re: Final Details - Updated May15th   Final Details - Updated May15th Clockau3Tue 16 May - 11:19

dawnzd wrote:

I checked the Thursdays dinner menu and it looks as if I might need to eat elsewhere. I think I neglected to mention that I'm vegan and this menu is almost exclusively body parts Sad affraid Actually I think they may have a salad but that's it. Please don't take offense - I would love to socialize with everyone but I don't think I'll be able to. There must be something in the surrounding area that accomodates vegans, right?

Hey Dawn - not to worry, I am with you, and I am sure we can find a meal in the area, there seems to be a lot of hotels along this strip. We can check it out on Friday night. You will not be eating alone.

Linda
Back to top Go down
Sereenie
gbmoviemadness member
Sereenie

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2006-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Final Details - Updated May15th   Final Details - Updated May15th Clockau3Tue 16 May - 11:43

Braya wrote:
We may have additionnal things planned along with the secret feature... you never know!! Smile

Woohoo! I'm so excited now! Very Happy

And girls, don't worry about being able to eat: we'll be in the middle of downtown there's a ton of options in that area. I think the safest and easiest choice would be Le Commensal (see www.commensal.com), a chain of vegetarian restaurants. You'll definitely find a vegan selection there. There's one not far from where we'll be.

S.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sereenie.com
Braya
Organizer
Braya

PostSubject: Re: Final Details - Updated May15th   Final Details - Updated May15th Clockau3Tue 16 May - 14:27

I looked back at the menu and there ARE options... But, what kind of food we're you thinking specifically? Most of the restaurents we checked imposes us a group menu for a group reservation, and I can tell you the was NOTHING vegan on the menu. And the price were way way too high!

Braya
Back to top Go down
greatgadsby
gbmoviemadness member
greatgadsby

PostSubject: Re: Final Details - Updated May15th   Final Details - Updated May15th Clockau3Tue 16 May - 15:01

Braya wrote:
I looked back at the menu and there ARE options... But, what kind of food we're you thinking specifically? Most of the restaurents we checked imposes us a group menu for a group reservation, and I can tell you the was NOTHING vegan on the menu. And the price were way way too high!

Braya

I haven't spoken to Dawn yet, but I am sure we will be fine at the restaurant Sereenie suggested.

Thanks - Linda
Back to top Go down
Freyja
Organizer
Freyja

PostSubject: Re: Final Details - Updated May15th   Final Details - Updated May15th Clockau3Tue 16 May - 19:06

Sorry about that, we tried to find a place with a variety of food and there are not many vegan restaurants in the city...

Dawn: We won`t have a charity raffle since the price we asked was not high enough to cover the cost of the room and the legal use of the movies. Not to worry, we expected those expenses and are happy to do it, but there just isn`t any profit to give away....

There will however be some raffles for you all with small prizes to give away....
Back to top Go down
dawnzd
gbmoviemadness member

PostSubject: Re: Final Details - Updated May15th   Final Details - Updated May15th Clockau3Tue 16 May - 21:36

I didn't want you all to go to special lengths for me - really! I realize I'm in the minority and you should do what you planned!!!! I will be fine - really! And that restaurant you suggested sounds fine. Look, I could stand to lose a number of pounds so eating lightly for a weekend is certainly not going to kill me. After all, I wasn't born vegan - and the diet in the States pretty much stinks - so I'm still recovering from that! I can always eat a salad . Someone said that they saw options on the menu - I didn't see any - could I have been looking at the wrong
menu maybe?

Thank you all for trying to accomodate me - since I'll be there on Friday I'm sure I'll work it all out. Maybe I can visit the restaurant we're scheduled to eat at and check out the menu in person. It'll all be fine - no kidding. Thank you all - really!!! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Braya
Organizer
Braya

PostSubject: Re: Final Details - Updated May15th   Final Details - Updated May15th Clockau3Tue 16 May - 21:43

Here is the link to the menu we have to choose from:

http://www.thursdaysbar.com/pdf/menu_beauxjeudis_soir.pdf
Back to top Go down
dawnzd
gbmoviemadness member

PostSubject: Re: Final Details - Updated May15th   Final Details - Updated May15th Clockau3Tue 16 May - 21:45

Sereenie wrote:
Braya wrote:
We may have additionnal things planned along with the secret feature... you never know!! Smile

Woohoo! I'm so excited now! Very Happy

And girls, don't worry about being able to eat: we'll be in the middle of downtown there's a ton of options in that area. I think the safest and easiest choice would be Le Commensal (see www.commensal.com), a chain of vegetarian restaurants. You'll definitely find a vegan selection there. There's one not far from where we'll be.

S.
Wow!!! This place looks fantastic!!!! Thank you so much bounce
Back to top Go down
dawnzd
gbmoviemadness member

PostSubject: Re: Final Details - Updated May15th   Final Details - Updated May15th Clockau3Tue 16 May - 21:48

Braya wrote:
Here is the link to the menu we have to choose from:

http://www.thursdaysbar.com/pdf/menu_beauxjeudis_soir.pdf

Yes - that's the one I looked at. Pretty much just a few salads as options -which is fine and probably a good idea . Maybe I can go to Commensal (spelling?) for lunch and have a salad for diinner.

Thank you all!!
Back to top Go down
dawnzd
gbmoviemadness member

PostSubject: Re: Final Details - Updated May15th   Final Details - Updated May15th Clockau3Tue 16 May - 21:50

[quote="Freyja"]Sorry about that, we tried to find a place with a variety of food and there are not many vegan restaurants in the city...

[quote]

I wanted to say that there's almost nothing here (Albany/Schenectady) either. It's horrible here - very ...neanderthal, actually - in more ways than just food.....pictures knuckles dragging on the ground...
Back to top Go down
dawnzd
gbmoviemadness member

PostSubject: Re: Final Details - Updated May15th   Final Details - Updated May15th Clockau3Tue 16 May - 21:54

greatgadsby wrote:
dawnzd wrote:

Hey Dawn - not to worry, I am with you, and I am sure we can find a meal in the area, there seems to be a lot of hotels along this strip. We can check it out on Friday night. You will not be eating alone.

Linda

Thanks!!! Maybe we can eat a good lunch and just get a salad with everyone for dinner. We'll figure it out Saturday. I cannot wait to be there already!!!! But of course, I have many things to do between now and then so I guess I'll just need to wait three more days..... Sad
Back to top Go down
greatgadsby
gbmoviemadness member
greatgadsby

PostSubject: Re: Final Details - Updated May15th   Final Details - Updated May15th Clockau3Wed 17 May - 18:59

Does anyone know the weather forecast for Saturday in Montreal

Thanks - Linda
Back to top Go down
shirl
gbmoviemadness member

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2006-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Final Details - Updated May15th   Final Details - Updated May15th Clockau3Wed 17 May - 19:37

Here is the weather report from The Weather Network:

Friday: scattered showers, high 14 degrees Celcius, 40% P.O.P.
Saturday: cloudy with showers, high 15 degrees, 40% P.O.P.
Sunday: scattered showers, high 12 degrees, 40% P.O.P.
Monday: cloudy, high 9 degrees, 30% P.O.P.

Wind is varying between 10 to 20 km/hr every day, which isn't too bad. At least we don't have to worry about our umbrellas turning inside out!

Hope that helps.

Shirl
Back to top Go down
http://www.powow.com/yoshinaka
greatgadsby
gbmoviemadness member
greatgadsby

PostSubject: Re: Final Details - Updated May15th   Final Details - Updated May15th Clockau3Wed 17 May - 20:34

Thanks - sounds like the same forecast for Toronto. I hate damp weather. Makes me achey and my hair looks like a straw hat. Oh well, hopefully Marek, Frank and the Mystery Man won't mind, LOL.

WE ARE ALMOST THERE!!! flower flower Everybody think sunshine!!!

Linda I love you
Back to top Go down
Freyja
Organizer
Freyja

PostSubject: Re: Final Details - Updated May15th   Final Details - Updated May15th Clockau3Thu 18 May - 12:34

I'm with you Greatgadsby! It's been raining now for over a week, which is most unusual....so I'm hoping the weather network will change its mind before saturday....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Details - Updated May15th   Final Details - Updated May15th Clockau3

Back to top Go down

Final Details - Updated May15th
Page 1 of 1