Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pierce Brosnan Reveals His Dark Side

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Freyja
Organizer
Freyja

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2006-01-06

Pierce Brosnan Reveals His Dark Side Empty
PostSubject: Pierce Brosnan Reveals His Dark Side   Pierce Brosnan Reveals His Dark Side Clockau3Tue 25 Apr - 22:36

April 25th, 2006
http://et.tv.yahoo.com/movies/14532/

After receiving a Golden Globe nomination for his comedic turn as a middle-aged assassin facing a mid-life crisis in 'The Matador,' PIERCE BROSNAN is taking on the gritty role of a kidnapper who pulls a family apart in the independent thriller 'Butterfly on a Wheel.'

"[The title suggests] using extreme force to crush something that is very fragile," says Pierce.

In his new film, which the star describes as a "tight thriller," the story revolves around a happily married couple whose life unravels when their daughter is abducted. Over the course of a day, the kidnapper -- a cold and calculating sociopath -- dismantles the family's lives with brutal efficiency.

Look for a very different Pierce to emerge, as the actor is seeking darker roles following his successful run as super-agent 'James Bond.'

"At this point in my career, everything's open," he tells ET. "When you have a TV show or a franchise, you have a safe haven, more or less. But when you don't have either of those, you look for the best possible roles with the best possible directors to work with. I'm still passionate about what I do and love what I do."

And now that British actor DANIEL CRAIG has been confirmed to take over the part of James Bond, Pierce -- who faced tough critics when he stepped into the super-spy's shoes -- feels naysayers are "being brutally unfair to the man. I think he's a fantastic actor and he'll do an outstanding job as Bond. I wish the guy well," says the former 007.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

Page 1 of 1