Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gerard Butler's Got Game Not To Mention PS I Love You

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

Gerard Butler's Got Game Not To Mention PS I Love You Empty
PostSubject: Gerard Butler's Got Game Not To Mention PS I Love You   Gerard Butler's Got Game Not To Mention PS I Love You Clockau3Sat 8 Dec - 12:02

The Ampersand

December 7, 2007

Gerard Butler knows how to rock it. Refer to his warrior king in the huge hit 300 last March. The computer-generated Spartan battle flick cleared a path for Beowulf which was the same sort of stylized action but with complete motion capture. As it stands now, 300 had better box office numbers than Beowulf. In fact, 300 surprised a lot of people earning a whopping $456-million worldwide which is the international movie industry signal for a sequel. Any chance of another 300 type picture for Butler? Probably not, he said. But the Scottish actor acknowledges it has changed his career opportunities. "And I do get recognized a lot more but I can still get away from it all when I want to,"said the 38-year-old Friday at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.

In the meantime Butler gets all lovey dovey in P.S. I Love You opening Dec. 21. In the movie, Hilary Swank plays a woman who reads the love letters of her dead husband (Butler) helping her adjust along the way. It's quite a swing going from an action hero to weepy romantic comedy but Butler is OK with that. "I am swinger," he said laughing at his joke. Still Butler returns to his warrior side in Guy Richie's crime story RocknRolla set for next year. He's currently filming Game, where humans can
control other humans through online gaming environments. Which means it is aimed at the same sort of crowd who flocked to 300. "It wasn't an obvious choice and it might be a risk but I think from what I've seen the film has an incredible imagination," he said of the movie currently shooting in New Mexico.

As for his Kurt Rusell role in the remake of Escape From New York, Butler reported that he hasn't dropped out of the project as suggested. Instead he's taking a wait see position. "There is no start time for it yet," he said. And no he's not angry with Zach Snyder for not giving him a role in the movie of the graphic comic Watchmen. "I wasn't available anyway," said Butler.

— Bob Thompson

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/theampersand/archive/2007/12/07/gerard-butler-s-got-game-not-to-mention-p-s-i-love-you.aspx
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

Page 1 of 1