Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Entertainers of the Year: 25 Top Stars of 2007

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

Entertainers of the Year: 25 Top Stars of 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Entertainers of the Year: 25 Top Stars of 2007   Entertainers of the Year: 25 Top Stars of 2007 Clockau3Tue 27 Nov - 13:00

Entertainment Weekly.com

November 23, 2007

2007'S MOST BUZZED ABOUT: GERARD BUTLER

WHY HIM Video stores are littered with the corpses of movies that tried to be Gladiator and failed. But this year, 300 got it right by spiking its ancient story line (the Spartan stand at the Battle of Thermopylae) with eye-candy F/X and giddy amounts of gore. With its jaw-dropping $71 million first weekend, 300 was the sleeper hit of the year. And Butler's turn as the impossibly muscled King Leonidas may be the most ferocious performance since Russell Crowe's Maximus. We don't throw praise like that around lightly. In other words: Yes, we were entertained. —Chris Nashawaty

WHY ZACK SNYDER, DIRECTOR OF 300, IS BUZZING ABOUT GERARD BUTLER
''When Hollywood makes a movie, there's a pretty short list of actors you're supposed to talk to. Gerry wasn't on that list. What I liked about him was that he'd read the graphic novel and got what we were doing. It's not easy to stand in front of a greenscreen in a little leather outfit and not feel exposed, but he didn't care. No, I don't feel like I discovered Gerry, because if it wasn't my movie it would've been someone else's.''

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20152943_20153269_20161218_21,00.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

Page 1 of 1