Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Little Miss Swearbox

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

Little Miss Swearbox Empty
PostSubject: Little Miss Swearbox   Little Miss Swearbox Clockau3Thu 15 Nov - 12:51

Little Miss Swearbox

Sunday Mail.co uk(Scotland)

November 11, 2007

by Toby Mcdonald

Exclusive Sunshine Star Fines Gerry For Cursing

HOLLYWOOD star Gerard Butler's swearing has cost him a fortune on the set of his latest movie after he was taken to task by pint-sized co-star Abigail Breslin.

Child star Abi - who wowed critics in the hit movie Little Miss Sunshine - introduced a swear box because of the Scot's four-letter outbursts on the set of new movie Nim's Island.

And Gerard, 38, admits he has had to cough up hundreds of dollars during filming near the Great Barrier Reef in Australia with Abi and Jodie Foster.

He said: "Being from Scotland, I have a bit of a foul mouth.

"She fined me two dollars a time. It was hard to argue with her."

Tomb Raider and 300 star Gerard's cash went to a good cause - Australian animal cruelty charities.

Abigail, 11, was the fourth-youngest actress to be nominated for an Academy Award for Little Miss Sunshine. She played a child who takes her dysfunctional family on a hilarious journey across the US in her bid to win a beauty pageant.

In Nim's Island, based on a children's book, Gerard stars as scientist dad Jack Butler and Abigail as his plucky daughter, Nim, who live on a tropical Australian isle.

Their idyllic life is shattered when Jack's boat is lost in a storm and Nim sets out to find him, helped by her Indiana Jones-style imaginary hero, Alex Rover - also played by Butler.

Butler, who uses an American accent for Jack and his natural Scottish voice for Alex, said: "Nim and her dad are best buddies.

"I don't think I could have done it as well with someone who didn't have Abigail's special talents.

"I learned a lot from her, how she would embrace an idea and go for it."

The film was set on Hichinbrook Island in North Queensland, between the mainland and the Great Barrier Reef.

Gerard's greatest peril there was keeping pesky pelicans at bay.

He said: "Once I was sitting talking to a pelican and he goes behind me. I looked like an angel on camera but I was sure he was going to rip my ear off."

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/tv-showbiz-news/entertainment-news/2007/11/11/little-miss-swearbox-78057-20091780/
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

Little Miss Swearbox
Page 1 of 1