Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sean hits big screen

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

Sean hits big screen Empty
PostSubject: Sean hits big screen   Sean hits big screen Clockau3Wed 7 Nov - 13:01

Sean hits big screen

Busselton News.com.au

November 7, 2007

by Gareth Mohen

BUSSELTON actor Sean Keenan has returned from shooting scenes for the upcoming film Nim’s Island.

The film stars a plethora of well-known actors including Jodie Foster, Gerard Butler and Abigail Breslin.

Shot in Queensland, it also features Australian actors Peter Callan (Clubland), Rhonda Doyle (Fireflies) and Morgan Griffin (The Sleepover Club).

Sean said the experience was really enjoyable and followed on well from his work in the TV series Lockie Leonard.

“After Lockie Leonard I got myself an agent and this was the work they got me,” he said.

“Everyone was really lovely over there and it kept me going.

“I realised there’s a lot more out there that I can do and achieve.”

Sean said the parts of the film he was in were predominantly filmed in the Warner Brothers studios in Queensland where a giant treehouse set had been built.

“We also went up to Hinchinbrook Island for the final shoot,” he said.

“That was really beautiful and we filmed a couple of scenes there.”

The film is based on Wendy Orr and Kerry Millard’s book about a young girl who lives on an isolated island with her father.

She reads lots of books and communicates with the reclusive author of the novel she is reading.

Because her father brings so many books to her from the mainland, she begins to imagine certain characters are real.

Sean plays the imaginary character of Huck Finn who plays off against Alice in Wonderland.

“Huck Finn and Alice are the main imaginary friends she creates,” he said.

“They’re kind of like the devil and the angel on her shoulder, and they’re always bickering.”

Sean said he met most of the big name actors, including Abigail Breslin who played the young girl.

“Most of my scenes were with Abigail so I probably spent the most time with her and she was lovely,” he said.

“But I didn’t really talk with the other actors too much, I sort of feel they’re normal people at the end of the day so didn’t want to hassle them.”

Sean said the opportunity to play Lockie Leonard had opened doors.

“I used to do plays, talent shows and comedy acts with my friends at school,” he said.

“So I always have loved acting in front of a crowd.

“But I never thought this would happen.

“As a kid you watch TV and you think it’s a whole world you’ll never get into.

“But being in Lockie Leonard and Nim’s Island shows anyone can do it really.”

Lockie Leonard has won an Australian Teachers of Media award for best children’s television series.

It has also been nominated for a British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) award and numerous awards at the 2007 AFI awards.

http://busselton.yourguide.com.au/news/local/general/sean-hits-big-screen/1081842.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

Sean hits big screen
Page 1 of 1