Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Butler Escapes Escape From New York

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

Butler Escapes Escape From New York Empty
PostSubject: Butler Escapes Escape From New York   Butler Escapes Escape From New York Clockau3Wed 31 Oct - 12:16

Horror Movies.ca

October 31, 2007

by thegoldensimitar

A few days ago Fearless Leader posted that Brett Ratner had left the remake of Escape From New York, I cannot imagine a single fan out there who probably wasn't celebrating when the news came through.

Sadly though, the most interesting part about the remake has left too. Gerald Butler, a man who has been in Hollywood for many years as in supporting roles, playing Dracula in Dracula 2000 and then getting the star role for 300 has left the film.

Variety reports that Butler left for "creative differences". Oh well, I think he would have made a great Snake.

With original director Len Wiseman, replacement director Brett Ratner and then star Gerald Butler leaving the remake of Escape From New York, it looks like it could be done for. But New Line has other plans and really, really wants to do this remake.

New Line has hired Jonathan Mostow to rewrite the script and with the option to direct. Those of you who do not know Mostow, he directed U-571 and Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, both films are pretty good and I like them both. My money would still have been on Len Wiseman directing, but Mostow would be much much better than Ratner.

Who knows, maybe the rewrites might bring Butler back...

http://www.horrormovies.ca/horror_9716.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

Page 1 of 1