Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Live Earth blog's lift-off!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

Live Earth blog's lift-off! Empty
PostSubject: Live Earth blog's lift-off!   Live Earth blog's lift-off! Clockau3Sun 8 Jul - 12:38

June 27,2007

by June Sarpong

With less than two weeks to go until Live Earth, I – along with everyone else who doesn't live under a rock – am counting down to one of the biggest television events the world has ever seen. With an estimated global audience of 2 billion, Live Earth is the launch pad for a global campaign (SOS) to help save our precious planet – and ourselves!

So I'm delighted to be writing this blog, to find out what some of the biggest names in showbiz, along with the rest of the human population, are planning to do in order to make the necessary shift. Whether celebrity or civilian, over the next few weeks you'll see many opinions and action plans expressed. So, here goes!

I recently bumped into the gorgeous actor Gerard Butler, of Attila and Phantom of the Opera fame, and supermodel Veronica Webb, the former face of Revlon. Both are doing their bit to raise awareness about climate change: Gerard has offered to shoot a public message for Live Earth and Veronica has been an active environmentalist for a number of years, driving hybrid cars and even designing her own eco-house. Keep an eye out for her at the Live Earth gig in New York.

I then went along to Stephen Fry's annual Terrence Higgins Trust gala dinner, where the stars were out in full force. I set about asking everyone from Nancy Dell'Olio, the partner of former England football coach Sven-Göran Eriksson, to supermodel Erin O'Connor their view on climate change. Here's what they had to say: Nancy plans to drink less champagne... only kidding!

On a serious note, she already recycles, switches off the lights when she’s not using them and never leaves her appliances on standby. She's also really looking forward to seeing Madonna at the London Live Earth gig. I was sat next to Dermot O'Leary, the face of Big Brother, who's not only looking forward to starting his new job as host of X Factor but has also kickstarted a whole new eco-friendly lifestyle. He started by getting rid of his car, building a wormery (yes, you read it right: a wormery!) and a compost heap, and he's going to fly as little as possible. The beautiful ladies were out in full force, too: vocal doyennes Danni Minogue, Beverley Knight and Geri Halliwell have all pledged to do their bit.

Watch this space for more gossip from the green frontline!

http://liveearthuk.spaces.live.com/blog/cns%2116F10A984B50BE5B%21167.entry
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

Page 1 of 1