Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Watchmen Casting Mysteries

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

Watchmen Casting Mysteries Empty
PostSubject: Watchmen Casting Mysteries   Watchmen Casting Mysteries Clockau3Mon 11 Jun - 12:15

Screenhead.com

June 11, 2007

by Richard

Watchmen - the long-awaiting comic book adaptation with a history of on/off again relationships with the studios - has just seen some leaks of a rumored cast list emerging on the web.

Director Zack Snyder (300, Dawn of the Dead) told MTV one part of the rumors is true - in as much as Snyder believes Gerard Butler (300) might appear in the movie. The question is - what role? Fans instantly cast him as the troubled anti-hero Rorschach, who was even given a millisecond cameo in the film 300. But Rorschach doesn’t bear a lot of resemblance physically to Butler. Rorschach is a skinny red-headed sociopath, while Butler is ripped Spartan. Not that Butler couldn’t slim down for the role, but his talents might be better suited elsewhere.

IGN thinks (and I agree) that Butler might be appearing as the gruff and misogynistic vigilantee the Comedian, whose murder sparks the investigation lead by several superheroes. Butler bears more of a physical resemblance to the Comedian than Rorschach, but once again, if this is true, than who is playing the inkblot-faced hero?

The other rumors include Patrick Wilson as the impotent everyman Nite Owl, Keanu Wilson as the omnipotent Dr. Manhattan, and Jude Law as the master manipulator Ozymandias. Snyder didn’t say either way. In fact, he said, “Um — you know what? I would say ‘No,’ but then you’d call me later and go like, ‘Dude, what are you doing? ‘I don’t know who’s leaking this stuff, but they’re good.’”

So are these the leads, or a diversion? I’m thinking the later - aside from the aformentioned Butler as the Comedian, Snyder could do better. Plus, these leads also leave out the mother/daughter legacy the Silk Spectre (patterned after the Black Canary) as well as several other characters. While I wouldn’t be surprised if Butler and at least one of the names of the rumored leads turned up in the real cast lists, I’m bidding my time for the real deal.

http://www.screenhead.com/reviews/watchmen-casting-mysteries/
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

Page 1 of 1