Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GERARD BUTT-LER

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

GERARD BUTT-LER Empty
PostSubject: GERARD BUTT-LER   GERARD BUTT-LER Clockau3Sun 1 Apr - 14:44

GERARD BUTT-LER

The Sunday Mail (UK)

April 1,2007

Workouts for bloody epic give Scots star a J-Lo bum

By Toby Mcdonald

SCOTS hunk Gerard Butler says he worked out so much for his role in swords-and-sandals epic 300, he ended up with a huge "J-Lo-sized" bum.

The cheeky star did thousands of squats with weights to bulk up as Spartan leader King Leonidas.

He reckons he was the butt of another joke when he was bizarrely ordered to shave his chest and groin for the movie.

Butler, 37, said: "I don't have the biggest ass in the world.

"In Phantom Of The Opera, director Joel Schumacher wanted these strong thighs - so he padded my ass.

"But for this I probably did about 100,000 squats. I was doing them with weights and chains and I started noticing I was getting this Jennifer Lopez ass. It was amazing.

"There's not much in this film that I think is gratuitous - except my ass shot. I could balance my drinks on it."

The movie, which has earned £150million worldwide, is about the Battle of Thermopylae in 480BC, when 300 Spartans defeated thousands of Persian invaders.

Butler admits he has not been in a gym since finishing the movie and spent four months on a massage table recovering from its rough-and-tumble scenes.

And he revealed that his girlfriend, Sin City bombshell Rosario Dawson, will have to settle for a hairy Scotsman.

He added: "I had to shave my groin and hairy chest for the role. Why my groin? I have no idea. Maybe I was the victim of a practical joke.

"I met a group of French-Canadian girls while we were filming and they said it was called 'manscaping' and that everyone did it now. Not me, I'm a Braveheart-type of guy."

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

GERARD BUTT-LER
Page 1 of 1