Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pre-Plissken?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

Pre-Plissken? Empty
PostSubject: Pre-Plissken?   Pre-Plissken? Clockau3Wed 21 Mar - 12:24

Pre-Plissken?

JoBlo.com

March 20, 2007

by Dave Davis

Source: Suicide Girls

Movie fans responded with furor (among a surprising degree of acceptance) to the recent announcement that John Carpenter's sci-fi classic ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK was getting remade with 300 star Gerard Butler wearing the patch.

But is it actually being planned as a straight-up remake? Not necessarily, says the guy who actually created the surly monocular merc. Daniel Robert Epstein (aka DRE) over at my favorite tattooed-slut site Suicide Girls chatted with "cash cowboy" Carpenter, who had this to say on the topic of New Line's criminal-filled Manhattan prison: "I don’t know that it’s a remake. I think it’s a lot about Snake before he gets to New York."

Hmmm... interesting. Does this mean the script (from BLACK HAWK DOWN writer Ken Nolan) will cast light on the once-shadowy past of Plissken, thereby possibly shattering the character's mystique? Although considering the new ESCAPE will be produced by crap craftsman Neal Moritz (XXX, TORQUE), we probably shouldn't expect any significant complexity.
Also, in case any fans question Carpenter's mercenary moviemaking mentality for, well, most of his career, he succinctly describes his interest in the ESCAPE remake: "My other main involvement in this project is to extend my hand and have a check placed in it."

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=15016
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

Pre-Plissken?
Page 1 of 1