Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

'300' still the mighty conqueror

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

'300' still the mighty conqueror Empty
PostSubject: '300' still the mighty conqueror   '300' still the mighty conqueror Clockau3Sun 18 Mar - 15:02

Variety.com

March 18, 2007

by Ian Mohr

Sparring Spartans take in another $31.1 million

NEW YORK - "300" ruled the roost again at the B.O. over the weekend, taking in another $31.1 million to raise its hulking two-frame cume to $127.4 million.
Pic's biz dropped 56% from its opening frame.

Disney's midlife crisis motorcycle pic "Wild Hogs" revved its engine yet again, coming in at No. 2 for the second straight weekend. Pic, which raced to $18.8 million over the latest sesh, has cumed $103.9 million in three weekends of release.

Sony's "Premonition," which bowed over the weekend in 2,831 locations, finished third, with $18 million. That number marked the biggest ever opening for star Sandra Bullock.

Thesp's previous biggest opening was the $16.1 million that "Devine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood" bowed to in 2002.

Among other new openers, Universal's "Dead Silence" finished in fourth place, with $7.7 million in its debut, off 1,803.

And Chris Rock's "I Think I Love My Wife" took fifth place in its bow, saying "I Do" to $5.7 million off 1,776, for a per location average of $3,218.

B.O. overall dropped sharply from last frame when "300" debuted with more than $70 million. But the numbers were still up from last year as 2007 continues to boost biz for Hollywood.

Top ten pics combined over the frame for $96.4 million, as opposed the $89.7 million they took in over the same frame last year when "V for Vendetta" opened in the No. 1 spot.

http://www.variety.com/article/vr1117961344.html?categoryid=13&cs=1
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gerard Butler Movie Madness :: Right Out of the Oven :: Movie Talk :: 300-
Jump to: