Gerard Butler Movie Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gerard Butler Movie Madness

www.gbmoviemadness.com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Will Gerard Butler Have a Role in Zack Snyder's "Watchm

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dagmar
Organizer
Dagmar

Number of posts : 1486
Registration date : 2006-01-06

Will Gerard Butler Have a Role in Zack Snyder's "Watchm Empty
PostSubject: Will Gerard Butler Have a Role in Zack Snyder's "Watchm   Will Gerard Butler Have a Role in Zack Snyder's "Watchm Clockau3Tue 6 Mar - 14:38

Will Gerard Butler Have a Role in Zack Snyder's "Watchmen?"

About.com

March 6, 2007

by Rebecca Murray

While the cast and writer-director Zack Snyder were at the San Francisco Wonder Con, Snyder was asked by a couple of journalists for different online outlets (including SciFi.com and IESB) about the status of Watchmen. He was also asked if he’d like to reunite with his 300 star, Gerard Butler. The Internet heated up with differing reports of what Snyder said about potentially working with Butler again – and Butler himself mentioned a couple of times that he hasn’t really talked about Watchmen with Snyder.

Catching up with both men at the Hollywood premiere of Warner Bros action epic 300, I took the opportunity to see if we could unmuddy the waters a little surrounding the casting of Snyder’s upcoming film, Watchmen.

There are reports all over the Internet saying Gerard Butler is definitely in Watchmen.
Zack Snyder - “I saw that today.

I was like, 'That's awesome!'" (laughing)

So is he?
Zack Snyder - “I haven’t talked to him about it, but... I like the way those things just build on each other. I talked to him on the plane and he said, ‘Are we going to talk about this?’ I said, ‘Yes, eventually we should.’”

Do you want him in the movie?
Zack Snyder – “Yeah. I have a particular part for him in the movie but I haven’t told him even yet what it is.”

When are you going to tell him?
Zack Snyder – “Soon, soon, soon…until I figure it out exactly. I like that the Internet already has it figured out who he’s going to play before I do.”

What character and everything…
Zack Snyder - “That’s classic isn’t it, really? Maybe I’ll go on the Internet and find out what he should do.” (laughing)

Which is going to come first – Watchmen or Sucker Punch?
Zack Snyder – “Watchmen for sure. We’re going to do Watchmen. Hopefully we’re going to shoot Watchmen at the end of August/beginning of September.”

And Tom Cruise is a part of it or not?
Zack Snyder – “I don’t think Tom’s going to do it. I wanted him to, but I don’t think he’s going to. I think he’s busy on something else.”

But he was at least approached? He was asked?
Zack Snyder - “Yeah. He’s awesome. Tom and I talked about the movie and he was so cool that hopefully there’s something else for him to do somewhere. Maybe not this movie…maybe another one.”

Has he seen 300?
Zack Snyder - “He has and he thought it was awesome, so that was cool.”

Then he should sign on to Watchmen.
Zack Snyder - “I’m just saying if it’s not Watchmen, then there’s definitely going to be some Tom Cruise thing.”

And now to the Gerard Butler portion of the Watchmen discussion…

What about the rumors of your being involved in Watchmen? Are they true, false or what’s going on?
Gerard Butler - “You know, Zack’s mentioned it but we haven’t talked about it anymore. So I don’t know. I haven’t read a script; I don’t know what the role is. I’d love to work with Zack again. I think he’s awesome, but more than that I can’t say.”

And Priest?
“Not happening,Mar 6 2007

While the cast and writer-director Zack Snyder were at the San Francisco Wonder Con, Snyder was asked by a couple of journalists for different online outlets (including SciFi.com and IESB) about the status of Watchmen. He was also asked if he’d like to reunite with his 300 star, Gerard Butler. The Internet heated up with differing reports of what Snyder said about potentially working with Butler again – and Butler himself mentioned a couple of times that he hasn’t really talked about Watchmen with Snyder.

Catching up with both men at the Hollywood premiere of Warner Bros action epic 300, I took the opportunity to see if we could unmuddy the waters a little surrounding the casting of Snyder’s upcoming film, Watchmen.

There are reports all over the Internet saying Gerard Butler is definitely in Watchmen.
Zack Snyder - “I saw that today.
I was like, 'That's awesome!'" (laughing)

So is he?
Zack Snyder - “I haven’t talked to him about it, but... I like the way those things just build on each other. I talked to him on the plane and he said, ‘Are we going to talk about this?’ I said, ‘Yes, eventually we should.’”

Do you want him in the movie?
Zack Snyder – “Yeah. I have a particular part for him in the movie but I haven’t told him even yet what it is.”

When are you going to tell him?
Zack Snyder – “Soon, soon, soon…until I figure it out exactly. I like that the Internet already has it figured out who he’s going to play before I do.”

What character and everything…
Zack Snyder - “That’s classic isn’t it, really? Maybe I’ll go on the Internet and find out what he should do.” (laughing)

Which is going to come first – Watchmen or Sucker Punch?
Zack Snyder – “Watchmen for sure. We’re going to do Watchmen. Hopefully we’re going to shoot Watchmen at the end of August/beginning of September.”

And Tom Cruise is a part of it or not?
Zack Snyder – “I don’t think Tom’s going to do it. I wanted him to, but I don’t think he’s going to. I think he’s busy on something else.”

But he was at least approached? He was asked?
Zack Snyder - “Yeah. He’s awesome. Tom and I talked about the movie and he was so cool that hopefully there’s something else for him to do somewhere. Maybe not this movie…maybe another one.”

Has he seen 300?
Zack Snyder - “He has and he thought it was awesome, so that was cool.”

Then he should sign on to Watchmen.
Zack Snyder - “I’m just saying if it’s not Watchmen, then there’s definitely going to be some Tom Cruise thing.”

And now to the Gerard Butler portion of the Watchmen discussion…

What about the rumors of your being involved in Watchmen? Are they true, false or what’s going on?
Gerard Butler - “You know, Zack’s mentioned it but we haven’t talked about it anymore. So I don’t know. I haven’t read a script; I don’t know what the role is. I’d love to work with Zack again. I think he’s awesome, but more than that I can’t say.”

And Priest?

“Not happening. No, not as far as I know.”

http://movies.about.com/od/butlergerard/a/watchmen030507.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.gbmoviemadness.com

Will Gerard Butler Have a Role in Zack Snyder's "Watchm
Page 1 of 1